The Social Committee of ACI-KC organized a visit to the site of the new Police College. The project, located in the Mubarakiya Area (Jiwaan) Area of Kuwait City, is being developed for the Ministry of Interior, and is being managed by the Ministry of Public Works.
The visit, conducted on 25th
January 2014, started with a presentation by Mr. Aziz Mamuji, who outlined the history of the project, and explained the planning of the campus and key design features. Members were thereafter taken on a tour of the premises, during which they were explained the use of each building and component, and briefed about the respective special design considerations.
The visit ended with Ms. Dana Drobiova, Chairperson of the Social Committee, thanking the project's Resident Engineer, Subhash Kumar, for making proper arrangements for the tour.
- Client: Ministry of Public Works
- User: Ministry of Interior
- Consultants: Skidmore, Owings and Merrill (SOM), USA Gulf Consult, Kuwait
- Site: 304,000 m2 site in Mubarakiya Area (Jiwaan)
- Built-up Area: 305,000 m2
- Academic, training, administrative, residential and sports facilities for 1200 Police Cadets
- 165 Instructors
- Parking 2000 cars (Internal/External)
- Academic Buildings
- Administration Building
- Dining Hall and Kitchen
- Swimming Pool (Olympic Standard)
- Multi-purpose Sports Building
- Parade Ground
- Mock Combat Village
- Shooting Ranges (Outdoor and Indoor)
- Outdoor running track and Sports Fields